• To impart knowledge and develop capacities of the students through higher education with in-depth study of Textile Science and Apparel Design.
• To develop the process of critical and analytical thinking and encourage the students to pursue further Studies and Research in the areas of Textiles and Apparels.
• The overall emphasis is, to enrich the knowledge base, enhance research aptitude and to provide the students with inbuilt confidence in their professional field and cutting edge in the global scenario.
|MASTER OF SCIENCE (M.SC.) – TEXTILE SCIENCE AND APPAREL DESIGN|
|Two years (4 Semesters) Full-time on-campus Masters Degree Programme|
|Department of Textile Science and Apparel Design|
|ELIGIBILITY||FUTURE CAREER PROSPECTS|
• Minimum 45% for students with B.Sc. degree in Textile Science and Apparel Design, Fashion, Apparel Design, Dress Design
• Minimum 50% for students with B Design / Textile Design
• Minimum 50% for students B. Sc. Composite Home Science, B.A. Home Science, B. Sc. General Home Science, B.Sc. Human Ecology and Consumer Studies, B. Sc. Family and Community Science who have completed minimum of 8 credits under semester pattern or 200 marks under annual pattern of courses related to Textile and Apparel Design.
• B Voc. (Textile Design, Fashion Design, Apparel Design
• Minimum 45% for PG Diploma/Degree in Textile Design, Fashion Design, Apparel Design and related field
|• Fashion Designer
• Costume Designers
• Quality control laboratories
• Garment industries
• Design departments
• Retail Marketing
• Own enterprise
• In teaching and research institutions such as Home Science Colleges, NIFT, SASMIRA, CIRCOT, UICT etc.
• In extension institutions like Krishi Vigyan Kendras, NGOs etc .
|Garment Design and Construction||Research Methodology||Research and Statistical Applications||Dissertation|
|Chemical Processing of Textiles (Th/Pr)||Fabric Structure and Analysis||Knitting Technology||Internship|
|Quality Control for Textiles and Apparel Fabric||Fashion Illustration and Forecasting||Garment Production Technology (Th/Pr)||Recent Advances in Textile Science & Apparel Design|
|Pattern Making and Grading||Garment Design through Draping||Technical Textiles||Project work|
|Global Costumes – retrospect and Prospects||Apparel Merchandising||Communication and soft skill|